We've Moved

Ecology of Absence now resides at www.preservationresearch.com. Please change your links and feeds.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

National Conference for Media Reform comes to St. Louis

The 2nd National Conference for Media Reform will take place in downtown St. Louis this year on May 13-15. The Conference takes a progressive look at issues surrounding corporate and independent media, with a strong emphasis on encouraging organizing and activism.

Even if media reform is not your #1 interest or your #1 issue as an activist, I'd still recommend the conference if it sounds interesting to you. No matter what issue you are working on, the way that our increasingly consolidated media covers it (or doesn't cover it) affects public perception of your issue.

Also, I went to the last NCMR in 2003 in Madison, and I learned a hell of a lot of useful information and had a really good time.

The NCMR's website is at http://www.freepress.net/conference.

Scholarship applications (which can be done online) are due by 5pm EST on March 15, which is part of the reason why I'm posting this now. (I would've posted about scholarships sooner, but only just found out about the deadline myself! My apologies!) Even if you can't get a scholarship, discounted early bird registration rates are available until March 31.

No comments: