PUBLIC FORUM ON LARGE SCALE DEVELOPMENT IN THE NEIGHBORHOODS OF JEFFVANDERLOU, ST LOUIS PLACE, AND OLD NORTH ST LOUIS
The neighborhood impact of vacant properties and rebuilding our community
A public forum will be held in the auditorium of Vashon High School at 3035 Cass Avenue on Thursday, August 30th at 6 p.m. The forum is co-sponsored by Alderwoman April Ford-Griffin (Ward 5), Alderwoman Marlene Davis (Ward 19), Rep. Jamilah Nasheed (District 60) and Rep. Jeanette Mott Oxford (District 59).
This forum will be an opportunity for residents, business owners, developers, neighborhood stabilization officers and other city services workers, and state and local elected officials to come together to discuss development in the community.
Topics will include:
- concerns over large numbers of vacant buildings and parcels being held by developers, including the reported 40 acres owned by Paul McKee
- ways area residents can influence state and local laws and policies, including the Distressed Areas Land Assemblage Tax Credit being considered in Special Session by the General Assembly
- and ways to make each block a safer and more pleasant place to live
The goals of the evening are:
- To give area residents an opportunity to voice their concerns
- To make progress toward a consensus on how to improve neighborhood safety, stimulate the local economy, and rebuild the community
Contact: Anthony Coffin