We've Moved

Ecology of Absence now resides at www.preservationresearch.com. Please change your links and feeds.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Watching and Waiting

City of Destiny offers insightful commentary on the failure of Chicago preservation groups to reach their logical audiences and actually spotlight endangered buildings. Katherine, author of the blog, takes as her starting point the annual endangered buildings lists of Preservation Chicago and Landmarks Illinois:

I feel I should join both these preservation groups because I support their goals, but I'm so frustrated at how little opportunity there seems to be for interaction, for publicizing other buildings that deserve attention, for getting updates on the status of buildings they've put on the lists.

Read all of it here: "Watching the watch lists"

1 comment:

k of c said...

Oh hey, I just noticed you posted this--thanks! Thanks for the add, too. I haven't yet begun my "official" study of St. Louis architecture and preservation, but I see plenty of great resources...it's just depressing to learn about buildings disappearing in other cities when you can barely keep up with your own.