We've Moved

Ecology of Absence now resides at www.preservationresearch.com. Please change your links and feeds.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

News from Other Blogs

- MayorSlay.com reports that the Powerhouse Building at 11th and Clark, part of the Municipal Garage and Services Building, will soon undergo renovation.

- Vanishing STL discusses St. Louis University's proposed demolition of the 19th century mansion at 3740 Lindell. Paul Hohmann considers the building Second Empire, while I think that it's more Italianate.

My posts are few this week not because the week is slow but because the last two weeks were too fast. I'm catching my breath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hohmmann says Second Empire, you say Italianate and Biondi says TOAST!

Anonymous said...

I distinctly recall about five years ago that the Powerhouse building was supposed to be toast...probably for a surface parking lot...

Slay's administration is a pro-rehab force!